Sunday, December 5, 2010

What to do...?



Ever just have one of those days where you really just can't get motivated to do anything? No? Okay, so it's just me, then.

Kaz left for his mini business-trip to Georgia today (why do they keep sending him to the south?), so I was up pretty early. Cats are noisy things, though, so I imagine I'd have been up early even if he weren't getting ready. There's a number of things I COULD be doing to occupy my last blessed day off before another work week begins. I could play some video games, I could bake cookies or something, or I could just do some much-needed studying (my Japanese is so rapidly deteriorating), but I can't seem to concentrate on any one thing. I also finally have a working tablet again, thanks to my sister, but I haven't drawn anything in so long. I think I've forgotten how. D:

I hate days like this! I need to get out of this funk I've been in lately.


In other news, Kaz and I drove back to Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving. We didn't have a lot of time off, naturally, so we left Wednesday after work and came back on Sunday. It was a really nice vacation, but waaaay too short. We actually had a lot of people over on Thursday and Friday, which is pretty unusual for my family. The fact that it was fun just made it all the more depressing that I can't go home for Christmas. We'll most likely be going to Mexico again sometime around April, and I'm determined to get time off of work for that. Mexico is a good substitution for a week of gross Pennsylvania winter.

Speaking of gross winter weather, it snowed all day yesterday, and it's super cold out. I hate the weather here, it can't ever just not be windy. If I didn't have a job, and if Kaz disliked his just a little more, I'd seriously suggest that we move someplace else. I've yet to see the appeal of the midwest, and I don't think I ever will.

While I'm on the topic of things that baffle and/or irritate me, WHAT is the deal with this Facebook profile picture meme that's going around? It's like a pandemic, and I don't understand why. I could understand if people were just suggesting that everyone set their picture to a cartoon for the sake of reminiscing and inciting conversations about old TV shows. But if there is a single person who actually believes that this has any effect whatsoever on child abuse, I officially give up on the human race. It's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in print, right up there with chain letters and comments to Yahoo news articles.


Okay, well this post turned out to be more negative than I intended, so I guess I'll go play Mario Kart or something else to de-stress. One bit of positive news I can leave you with is that I found some Christmas nougats at Hobby Lobby yesterday. Motherfucking Christmas nougats, have you ever had them? They're truly the nougats of the Gods, and yet they're probably the most difficult candies to obtain. Behold!




And on that note, I bid you good day.

No comments: