Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow day!



As always, I've been grossly neglecting this blog for weeks on end. My bad. I really haven't had all that much to update about, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to just write about the trivial things I do on a daily basis. As a late New Year's resolution, I'll try to work on that! 8D;

So what was the catalyst for today's de-cloaking? We had a snow day today! In case you've been living under a rock, or just living anywhere besides the midwest, there was a raging blizzard that lasted from yesterday afternoon until this morning. I suppose I can't really complain, since we've been extremely lucky thus far this winter in terms of snow and ice. It got so bad yesterday that my company sent everyone home early by around 3pm. The drive home was atrocious and took at least 9000 years, but on the plus side, I haven't had to leave since. The roads were so bad today that pretty much every business was shut down, including mine.



The only thing I needed to do today was dig my car out from its icy tomb, which proved a much more difficult task than I would have imagined. Kaz and I both managed to hear talk of this impending blizzard for the past week without ever thinking to invest in a snow shovel. So I got to enjoy the experience of standing in the parking lot and using my ice scraper like a golf club to clear a path out for my poor car. It was about as ineffective as it was ridiculous, and I'm assuming I'm going to have a bitch of a time trying to get out of the lot tomorrow morning. Can't they just cancel work for the rest of the week? =/

Kaz is actually in Georgia right now, or I'm sure he'd already have taken care of this for me. He managed to get on one of the only flights that actually left from O'Hare yesterday, what luck. It's odd that every time I actually write something here, he's away on business somewhere in the south, what's up with that? He doesn't go on all that many trips, so it's kind of weird.

Anyway, that's about all I have to report. All I've really been doing lately is playing Okamiden, watching terrible movies, and going on furniture shopping sprees with Kaz at IKEA. Our apartment is starting to look less like a college dorm and more like a legit apartment, it's fancy as shit. ♥



Oh, but yeah, terrible movies. We watched something called Chain Letter the other day, and I can't really remember the last time I so desperately wished I could get an hour and twenty minutes of my life back. And I'm not all that picky when it comes to brainless horror movies, so that's saying something. Kaz keeps suggesting we watch The Human Centipede because it sounds so awful, but I think I'll pass on that. For much the same reason I have never been curious enough to watch 2 Girls 1 Cup.

Alright, that was really all I could come up with, I need to go make some dinner for myself. The neighbors are cooking something ethnic-y and it smells hella good. I'm jealous, because all I have in the fridge are pineapple chunks. ...Sigh. D:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this blog is really cute!!

thelilacrose.blogspot.com