Thursday, August 19, 2010

Oh dear...



I DUN GOOFED.

...Evidently. I went to dye my hair again this morning because my roots were looking like shit, even though I dyed it not so long ago. I used the same brand and type as last time, L'oreal Healthy Look. I normally don't use rinses (because really, what's the point?) but my hair is sort of damaged lately, so I wanted to use something that wasn't so harsh. Last time, I used one that was one shade lighter, and it didn't change the color much at all. This time, I used...


8G, Soft Golden Blonde


My mom uses this one as well, and she says it works great. The color looks really nice on her, so I thought I'd give it a try.

But um... my hair is definitely BROWN now. I haven't gotten around to taking a picture of it yet, but there's no mistaking that it is not blonde. I'm not necessarily mad about that, except the color is kind of brassy
. And I still would have been fine with it, but the dye didn't take to a sizable chunk of my hair on the right side! I used the entire bottle, so I highly doubt I missed a spot, but there's a section that just looks noticeably lighter than the rest. I'm annoyed, but I don't want to a) buy another box of dye to fix it, and b) subject my hair to the dying process so soon after just doing it. Ugh, what to do... It's a shame I look terrible in hats.

And one other complaint is that the conditioner they give you contains an ingredient called "Royal Jelly", which sounds like some kind of spermicidal lubricant used by kings, and it smells like Amoxicillin. It's disgusting, and I can't use it because it reminds me of like, Redi-Care.

But I digress.


On a more pleasant note, I made Annindofu/杏仁豆腐/Douhua/Almond pudding (or whatever the hell else you want to call it) last night. We had it the other day at Chieko's friend Chika's house, and when I saw how easy it was to make, I had to give it a try. I didn't have kanten, so I had to substitute regular unflavored Knox gelatin and that worked fine. I followed this recipe, the only thing I skipped was straining the milk mixture through a sieve. And instead of making it in individual cups, I made the gelatin in a large, shallow tupperware container for easy storage. After it chilled, I cut it into cubes and topped it with mandarin oranges, some other canned fruits, and fresh blueberries. Unfortunately, the blueberries were from Jewel, and as with much of their produce, they tasted like crap. Super sour! Everything else was great, though, it's a really nice, refreshing dessert that doesn't have a lot of calories.


DAMN YOU, BLUEBERRIES!

Anyway, yes. And now I have to go take some pictures of inanimate objects, and for once it isn't for PoupeeGirl. I'm going to be selling some leftover concert swag on eBay for Chieko and Ryan in the near future. I've never sold anything on eBay, but it doesn't look so complicated. Anyone need some Justin Bieber tote bags?
(I know I don't. 8D
)

2 comments:

K said...

Ok this is totally random but I have to comment because I just used the same dye about a month ago. I used a medium brown, and my hair came out BLACK. I looked like a goth high school kid. Thankfully it faded to a little more natural dark-brown within a week of shampooing excessively, but then I noticed: the massive patch on my right side that didn't get dyed! I don't know what happened or why, because I saturated my hair with it and I definitely hit such an obvious spot (it'd be one thing if it were on the back). So yeah.. I don't know what's up with that hair dye. Also agreed on the conditioner, lol.

Taryn said...

That's so weird, that's like the EXACT same thing that happened to me! Only difference being it turned my hair brown instead of black, but it was blonde to begin with. Mine's already lightened a bit as well, which fortunately has made the lighter patch a lot less noticeable. I still don't think I would have missed a spot in the first place, though.

I think we've blown the lid off of a major conspiracy, here! D: